ICAR RCER Research Center for Makhana, Darbhanga
The Research Center started with following objectives
- To generate appropriate agriculture technologies which can help in raising the economic status of poor Makhana growers (downtrodden fisherman community) through higher yield, value addition, better employment and efficient marketing.
- To conduct mission mode basic and applied research for overall development of the wetland areas adopting total system approach through enhancing productivity of water. Special emphasis is laid on minimizing drudgery of down- trodden especially woman folks engaged in makhana popping.
- To conduct basic, strategic and applied research for increasing the production, productivity and standardizing the processing technology.
- To serve as a repository of the agro-diversity and scientific information on Makhana.
- To disseminate, the improved technology of Makhana.
- To collaborate with relevant national and international agencies for achieving the mandate.
|Sl. No.||Name of Scientist||Designation||Profile Details|
|1.||Dr. Indu Shekhar Singh (Soil Science)||Principal Scientist||View Profile
|2.||Dr. B.R. Jana (Horticulture)||Scientist||View Profile
|3.||Dr. Manoj Kumar (Soil Science)||I/c Head & Sr. Scientist|
|4.||Mr. Shailendra Mohan Raut (FRM)||Scientist||View Profile
|5.||Mr. Vinod Kumar Padala (Agril. Entomology)||Scientist||View Profile