ICAR-RCER, FSRCHPR , Ranchi
Horticulture and Agro-forestry Research Programme (formerly, Central Horticultural Experiment Station) was set up on 8th May 1979 under the aegis of Indian Council Agricultural Research under the Tribal Sub-plan. This is a research station of ICAR Research Complex for Eastern Region, Patna.
The Division started with following objectives
- To conduct research, extension and project planning for development of horticulture and agro-forestry suitable for different agro-ecological region in eastern region.
- To develop technology on rain water harvesting and multiple use of water for development of horticulture and agro-forestry.
- To develop and transfer improved production technologies on horticulture and agro-forestry.
- To produce and supply genuine planting material of different fruits and vegetables in large scale.
- Function as information portal for horticulture and agro-forestry development in the region.
To undertake strategic & adaptive research for efficient integrated management of natural resources to enhance productivity of agricultural production system through agro forestry & horticultural crops.
|Sl. No.||Name of Scientist||Designation||Profile Details|
|1.||Dr. Arun Kumar Singh (Veg. Sci.)||I/c Head & Principal Scientist||View Profile
|2.||Dr. Rabi Shankar Pan (Horticulture)||Principal Scientist||View Profile
|2.||Dr. Bal Krishna Jha (Horticulture-vegetable)||Principal Scientist||View Profile|
|3.||Dr. Bikas Das (Horticulture)||Principal Scientist||View Profile|
|3.||Dr. Sushanta Kumar Naik (Soil Science)||Principal Scientist||View Profile|
|4.||Dr. Virendra Kumar Yadav (Agril. Extn.)||Principal Scientist|
|5.||Dr. Santosh S. Mali (SWCE)||Senior Scientist||View Profile
|6.||Dr. Bhavana Patnaykuni (Plant Breeding)||Senior Scientist||View Profile|
|7.||Dr. Ajit Kumar Jha (Plant Pathology)||Senior Scientist|
|10.||Dr. Jaipal Singh Choudhary (Entomology)||Scientist||View Profile|
|11.||Dr. Reshma Shinde (Soil Science)||Scientist||View Profile|
|12.||Dr. Pradip Kumar Sarkar (Agroforestry)||Scientist||View Profile|
|12.||Dr. Mahesh Kumar Dhakar (Fruit Science)||Scientist||View Profile|
|14.||Dr. Meenu Kumari (veg. Science)||Scientist||View Profile|